*****If you have any questions please email email@example.com*****
RapidTac is an optional decal applicator spray that can ease the process of installing large BuildTak sheets by eliminating the possibility of trapping air bubbles. RapidTac is NOT required to install a BuildTak sheet, but it is recommended for BuildTak users installing sheets 16×16″ or larger. Some customers have reported that larger BuildTak sheets can be more difficult to apply without accidentally trapping air bubbles, which are almost impossible to remove once a sheet is installed. Because larger sheets are more expensive to replace if installed improperly, RapidTac is a good investment to make sure you get the installation right every time. One 4oz bottle will last for about a dozen installations or more (depending on sheet size). At BuildTak HQ, we now use Rapid Tac for installation of all BuildTak sheets 16×16″ or larger.
Please note that installations using RapidTac require 24 hours to dry before printing, after which your BuildTak sheet will function as normal. (Do not attempt to heat your bed to speed up the drying process; This may cause air bubbles to form.)
Each RapidTac purchase will come with a detailed instruction sheet. The step-by-step instructions are included below for easy reference:
- Before installing a new BuildTak sheet, clean your bed thoroughly with rubbing alcohol and ensure it is completely dry.
- Apply RapidTac generously to your print bed, ensuring that all areas are thoroughly soaked (no dry patches).
- After removing the white liner, lightly place the BuildTak sheet onto your bed. Agitate slightly to get the adhesive side lubricated, then move into position. (Don’t worry if you get liquid on the BuildTak surface – it can be cleaned later with 70% rubbing alcohol.)
- Once in place, use a decal applicator to squeegee out excess liquid toward the edge of the BuildTak sheet, wiping clean with a rag or paper towel. You’ll know you’ve finished removing any excess RapidTac when you no longer see liquid bubbling out from the edge of the sheet after squeegeeing.
- Wipe down any remaining liquid and allow 24 hours to dry. Before printing, clean the BuildTak sheet with 70% rubbing alcohol to ensure no RapidTac residue is left behind.